thoughts//theyaremy part8
The Jack-in-a-box:
Jack, where are you?
Are you hiding? in that same spot?
There you are,
In that box, under that tree
where daisies grow clean and happy.
The box is another santuary;
Your world
of misty, black butterflies.
People laugh whenever you pop out.
Their cheap laughter comforts you for a while.
"Funny! Crazy! Scary! Horrible!"
the children cry. You smile.
Then the sky grows dark
and the children return home.
You go back, into that familar place.
The darkness returns to their routine,
Laughing, Teasing
with their sarcastic faces.
Jack, are you really happy?
Your painted face tells me lies.
I know you,
I am you.
Underneath, you aren't smiling.
Wipe it away Jack,
Listen to me.
Jack, where are you?
Are you hiding again?
The Jack-in-a-box:
Jack, where are you?
Are you hiding? in that same spot?
There you are,
In that box, under that tree
where daisies grow clean and happy.
The box is another santuary;
Your world
of misty, black butterflies.
People laugh whenever you pop out.
Their cheap laughter comforts you for a while.
"Funny! Crazy! Scary! Horrible!"
the children cry. You smile.
Then the sky grows dark
and the children return home.
You go back, into that familar place.
The darkness returns to their routine,
Laughing, Teasing
with their sarcastic faces.
Jack, are you really happy?
Your painted face tells me lies.
I know you,
I am you.
Underneath, you aren't smiling.
Wipe it away Jack,
Listen to me.
Jack, where are you?
Are you hiding again?

<< Home